The Lights! Curtains! Cows! Study Guide – by Karin Adams
- The roles for the new summer play are posted on the wall at school. What is the name of the play? Do you know what all the words in the play’s name mean? Underline the words that you aren’t sure of, and then look them up in a dictionary (this can be done as a class).
- How do Greg and his friends feel when they see the cast list?
- What character will Greg be in the new play? Who will Mike, Leonard and Becky be?
- Fun question: What item of food do the friends always order at Fontaine’s Famous Fries? What is the size of the order?
- Creative Writing Exercise – Pretend that you are Greg. Write a page in “Greg’s” journal about how it felt to realize that you will be in a new play this summer. What are you most worried about? Is there anything you are looking forward to?